Join us for the 15th Annual Hunger Fight at Hy-Vee Hall, downtown Des Moines (enter at 833 5th Ave., Des Moines)!
Be a Packager
We need volunteers to package 4 MILLION MEALS to feed those in need during this 4-day event. Invite your friends, family, and coworkers, and package lifesaving meals for those who desperately need them.
- 2-hour packaging shifts, choose your day(s) below:
- All volunteers must be 14 years or older or at least 8 years old and accompanied by an adult family member. Family units are welcome.
- Face masks are now optional. Gloves will be provided to food handlers.
Individuals, small groups, businesses, organizations, civic groups, church and school groups, and more are all welcome. Please note, if you’re bringing a student group, for safety reasons, you are required to meet the following grade and student-to-adult ratio requirements as we don’t have enough staff to supervise the students:
|Grades 5-8||2 students to 1 adult|
|Grades 9-12||9 students to 1 adult|
Together, we’ll continue to feed starving children in Iowa, across the U.S. and around the world.
Be a Support Volunteer
Are you a veteran Packager or looking to try something new this year?
- Set-up Volunteer (may include: setting up packaging stations, hanging signage and other pre-event preparations as needed) Click here to sign up.
- Box Maker (assemble meal boxes) Click here to sign up.
- Event Greeter (welcome and direct volunteers, distribute hairnets, etc.) Click here to sign up.
- Pack Master* (train, organize and supervise packagers at packaging stations) *pre-event training REQUIRED, August 22 at 1:30 pm OR August 23 at 5:15 pm* Click here to sign up.
- Bucket Brigade (refilling rice and soy for packagers. Must be able to lift 30 lbs. repeatedly). Choose your day(s) below: