- Give to Meals from the Heartland on #GivingTuesday by donating on our website on November 29, 2016. Mark this date on your calendar! We’ll be posting reminders throughout the month, including Tuesday blog posts like this one.
- Nominate others to donate. After you donate on #GivingTuesday, we encourage you to tag two friends on social media and challenge them to donate as well. (Example: “I gave to @Meals from the Heartland on #GivingTuesday! I Challenge @person and @person to donate to feed even more hungry people in need.”)
- Share our posts about #GivingTuesday on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Join the #GivingTuesday movement yourself, or encourage your company to join on behalf of Meals from the Heartland. Sign up at givingtuesday.org.
- Encourage your company to match employee’s donations, or check if they already do.
- Commit to give a monthly gift to Meals from the Heartland.
- Join our peer-to-peer fundraising platform, Fund the Food, and encourage your family and friends to give.
- Can’t donate at this time? Volunteer at our Packaging Center in West Des Moines! We rely on donations to fund our meals and on volunteers package them.
Together, we can feed hundreds of thousands of starving people this holiday season.