Meals from the Heartland (MFTH)
Reports to: Production Manager
Directly Supervises: Support and Packaging Volunteers
FLSA: Non Exempt
The Program Coordinator will be primarily responsible for facilitating an exceptional experience for volunteers at events in our facility and around the Midwest while furthering our mission to save starving children.
- Embrace the MFTH mission, vision, and values: Christ-centered, Service-driven, Inspiringly Passionate, Faithful Stewards, and Enthusiastic Partner.
- Communicate a “Plan of action” and lead meal packaging events ensuring they run smoothly by managing the process, the volunteers, and materials to achieve meal production goals.
- Follow up and engage with existing accounts to ensure event participation occurs year over year.
- Perform various Warehouse tasks such as forklift and electric pallet jack operation.
- Demonstrate a Physical Ability to walk, push, pull, stand, and lift 30-50 lbs. everyday
- Train and educate volunteers to ensure safe food protocols are met.
- Encourage and model good collaboration and communications with MFTH staff, board, volunteers, and donors.
- Stay abreast of developments in meal production, event and volunteer management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- Willingness to work with volunteers of all skills and abilities
- Competence in standard word-processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Clean driving record and ability, or desire to learn, to drive a 26’ Box Truck
- Forklift and electric pallet jack certified or willingness to be trained.
- Mission ownership: Understands and conveys the mission, vision, and values of the organization. Serves as an organizational ambassador in public settings.
- Integrity and Trust: Operates with the highest level of integrity and quickly earns the trust of other staff members, board, and volunteers.
- Outgoing personality: a vibrant soul who can engage with audiences of all sizes.
- Attention to detail.
- Time management: Effectively self-manages his or her time and consistently meets project/task due dates.
- Project management: Able to successfully plan for and manage multiple projects of all sizes, meet deadlines, and keep staff team members briefed on progress.
- Team orientation: A team player in every sense who is approachable and responsive to others’ needs.
- Volunteer management: Effectively identify opportunities to engage volunteers and successfully manage volunteer projects to completion.
Accountability and Evaluation:
This position is supervised by the Production Manager. A job review is conducted annually.
Hours/week: Full Time Staff 40 per week with overtime for any hours over 40 in one week. Evening and weekend hours, as required.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, 401K, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Paid Time Off
Mission: Empowerng people to save starving children
Vision: to alleviate life-threatening hunger through education, engagement, and feeding.
"*" indicates required fields