Meals from the Heartland (MFTH)
Part-Time Program Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Operations
Directly Supervises: Support and Packaging Volunteers
FLSA: Non Exempt
The Part-Time Program Coordinator will be primarily responsible for facilitating an exceptional experience for volunteers at events in our facility while furthering our mission to save the starving.
- Communicate a “Plan of action” and lead meal packaging events ensuring they run smoothly by managing the process, the volunteers, and materials to achieve meal production goals.
- Perform various Warehouse tasks such as electric pallet jack operation.
- Demonstrate a Physical Ability to walk, push, pull, stand, and lift 30-50 lbs.
- Train and educate volunteers to ensure safe food protocols are met.
- Embrace the MFTH mission, vision, and values: Christ-centered, Service-driven, Inspiringly Passionate, Faithful Stewards, and Enthusiastic Partner.
- Encourage and model good collaboration and communications with MFTH staff and volunteers.
- Stay abreast of developments in meal production, event and volunteer management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- Enthusiastic personality to work with volunteers of all skills and abilities
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Mission ownership: Understands and conveys the mission, vision, and values of the organization. Serves as an organizational ambassador in public settings.
- Integrity and Trust: Operates with the highest level of integrity and quickly earns the trust of other staff members and volunteers.
- Outgoing personality: a vibrant soul who can engage with audiences of all sizes.
- Attention to detail.
- Team orientation: A team player in every sense who is approachable and responsive to others’ needs.
- Volunteer management: Effectively identify opportunities to engage volunteers and successfully manage volunteer projects to completion.
Accountability and Evaluation:
This position is supervised by the Director of Operations. A job review is conducted annually.
Hours/week: Part-Time Staff: 6-10 daytime hours per week, Wednesday-Friday. Evening and weekend hours, as required.
Mission: Empowering people to save starving children
Vision: to alleviate life-threatening hunger through education, engagement, and feeding.
If interested, contact Georgie Filber, Operations Director, at (515) 473-9530 or apply below.
"*" indicates required fields