Meals from the Heartland is in a battle with hunger and we need YOU to join the fight! Not sure where to start or what you can do to help? Following are some fun events coming up plus some ways that YOU can fight hunger.
- JOIN US FOR SPRING BREAK! Every day has multiple packaging sessions to choose from and every day has different fun theme! Wear your Superman cape, crazy socks or Hawaiian leis and bring your friends – we need YOUR HELP to reach our goal of ONE MILLION MEALS packaged!
- Visit our Calendar and select one of our Open Pack volunteer sessions! We have openings almost every day of the week and we invite anyone and everyone to join the fun!
- Organize a packaging event at the location of your choice! We are mobile and are happy to come to YOU! Your school, business, church or community center could be the perfect location – Learn more HERE!
- Donate, Donate, Donate! Despite what you might think, the food we package is NOT free. We have to purchase all of the ingredients as well as the bags, labels, and boxes. Just $20 funds the cost of packaging 100 meals, so every little bit helps! Select a donation option HERE!
- Start your own fundraising campaign! There are so many fun ways to help feed the hungry. Ask your school to promote a “Hat Day”, have your basketball team or Girl Scout Troop hold a bake sale or a movie night! The sky’s the limit when you’re helping those in need!
- SPREAD THE WORD. Visit our packaging center and then tell people about us! Share our story, explain what we do, invite others to come check us out!
It all starts with YOU. The fight against hunger is big but we CAN make a difference – together.