Not everyone gets to spend Spring Break on a warm, sandy beach, avoiding the crazy Iowa weather…But that doesn’t mean you have to hibernate!
Come help Meals from the Heartland reach their 1 MILLION MEALS Spring Break Goal!
Bring your friends, your kids, your daycare (kids 5 and over welcome!), your basketball-track-cheerleading-football-rugby team, your coworkers or perfect strangers and make your own exciting Spring Break right here in West Des Moines! There will be challenges for each team or table, music, a chance to meet new people and do something great for your community and those in need around the world!
Our Spring Break Event runs March 14-18 and every day is a different theme:
- Monday – Beach Party! So you didn’t get to South Padre this year…you can still wear your Hawaiian shirts and cargo shorts! (no flip-flops or swimsuits; oh, and shirts are required)
- Tuesday – Super Hero Day! Dress like your favorite Super Hero –Superman, Thor, Batman – because you know packing meals saves lives!
- Wednesday – Crazy Sock Day! Wear your wildest, craziest socks, shoes or clothes (no feathers, please) and wear your “crazy” on your sleeve – Literally!
- Thursday – St. Patrick’s Day! Ready for a little wearin’ o’ the green? Head-to-toe, show your St. Patty’s spirit!
- Friday – School Pride! Wear your favorite college or high school t-shirt, sweatshirt or jersey. Feel free to put on your school “war” paint and share your pride! There will be challenges between teams/tables and what school doesn’t want bragging rights?
Earn Silver Cord hours from your high school, fulfill service requirements for your fraternity or sorority, break up the monotony and boredom for your kids – and teach them the fulfillment that comes with volunteering!
Remember – by packaging and helping us reach our 1 million meal goal, you become part of saving lives around the world – and what could be a better way to spend your Spring Break?!