Meals from the Heartland (MFTH)
Hunger Fight Manager (Full-time and Part-time positions available)
Reports to: Hunger Fight Supervisor
Directly Supervises: Support and Packaging Volunteers
Status: Full-Time and Part-Time
The Hunger Fight Manager will be primarily responsible for supervising and managing Support and Packaging volunteers at the Packaging Center and Mobile Hunger Fights to help us achieve our annual meal production goals.
- Communicate a “Plan of action” for the packaging event with the support volunteers (i.e. Pack Masters, Event Greeters, Bucket Brigade). Primary focus is on Quality Control and Production goals.
- Work with Event Greeters to help check in ALL volunteers using the Realm system or paper check in. An accurate count of volunteers is needed for reporting purposes.
- Perform a Training Session for Packaging Volunteers. The goal of this session is to educate about the issues of food insecurity, inform about our mission and values, inspire volunteers to become donors, and instruction on how to package meals with quality and quantity in mind.
- Follow Safe Food Manufacturing Protocols and guidelines. (i.e. volunteers have hairnets, beard nets, gloves, sanitize hands, PPE as needed, are healthy and able to perform the task at hand.)
- Work with our Volunteer Coordinator to request core volunteers to help with MHF.
- Work with the Director of Development to seek fundraising support for MHF..
- Work with our Marketing Manager to request marketing materials needed for MHF.
- Input HF data into Raiser’s Edge, SalesForce.org, and Ops calendar. Constantly review for accuracy as event details change and become finalized.
- Work with our Accounts Payable team to ensure all invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Work with our IT Team to set up Event Registration pages as needed for MHF.
- Embrace the MFTH mission, vision, and values and promote in all business activities.
- Encourage and model good collaboration and communications with MFTH staff, board, volunteers, and donors.
- Stay abreast of developments in meal production, event and volunteer management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- Willingness to work with volunteers of all skills and abilities ages 5 and older.
- 1 – 2 years of event management or working with volunteers preferred but not required.
- Competence in standard word-processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Clean driving record with a Class D-2 drivers license or willingness to get in a timely manner.
- Forklift and electric pallet jack certified. Accident free is preferred.
- Experience with and proficient in SalesForce.org and Raiser’s Edge or other comparable sales / contact / and event management systems.
- Mission ownership: Understands and conveys the mission, vision, and values of the organization. Serves as an organizational ambassador in public settings.
- Integrity and Trust: Operates with the highest level of integrity and quickly earns the trust of other staff members, board, and volunteers.
- Outgoing personality: a vibrant soul who can engage with audiences of all sizes.
- Written communication: A skilled communicator across all mediums. Can effectively convey our mission and vision to requisite audiences.
- Attention to detail.
- Time management: Effectively self-manages his or her time and consistently meets project/task due dates.
- Project management: Able to successfully plan for and manage multiple projects of all sizes, meet deadlines, and keep staff team members briefed on progress.
- Team orientation: A team player in every sense who is approachable and responsive to others’ needs.
- Volunteer management: Effectively identify opportunities to engage volunteers and successfully manage volunteer projects to completion.
Accountability and Evaluation:
This position is supervised by the Executive Director. A job review is conducted annually.
Hours/week: Full Time Staff 40 per week with overtime for any hours over 40 in one week. Evening and weekend hours, as required.
Part Time Staff = hours are variable based on number of packaging shifts scheduled per week. Seasonally, during peak production periods, additional hours may be required and/or available.
Mission: Empowering people to save starving children
Vision: to alleviate life-threatening hunger through education, engagement, and feeding
Contact us to apply for this position.