Meals from the Heartland (MFTH)
Mobile Event Manager
Reports to: Hunger Fight Supervisor
Directly Supervises: Support and Packaging Volunteers
Status: Full-Time – We offer a flexible schedule with some night and weekend hours required.
The Mobile Event Manager will be primarily responsible for supervising and managing Support and Packaging volunteers at the Packaging Center and Mobile Hunger Fights to help us achieve our annual meal production goals.
- Communicate effectively with staff and volunteers to ensure successful events.
- Follow up and engage with existing accounts to ensure event participation occurs year-over year.
- Train and educate volunteers to ensure safe food protocols are met.
- Work collaboratively with staff to meet organizational goals.
- Input data into Raiser’s Edge and SalesForce.
- Work with our Accounts Payable team to ensure all invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Embrace the MFTH mission, vision, and values and promote in all business activities.
- Encourage and model good collaboration and communications with MFTH staff, board, volunteers, and donors.
- Stay abreast of developments in meal production, event and volunteer management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- Willingness to work with volunteers of all skills and abilities.
- 1 – 2 years of event management or working with volunteers preferred but not required.
- Competence in standard word-processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Clean driving record and the ability to drive a 26’ delivery truck with a lift gate.
- Forklift and electric pallet jack certified or willingness to be trained.
- Mission ownership: Understands and conveys the mission, vision, and values of the organization. Serves as an organizational ambassador in public settings.
- Integrity and Trust: Operates with the highest level of integrity and quickly earns the trust of other staff members, board, and volunteers.
- Outgoing personality: A vibrant soul who can engage with audiences of all sizes.
- Written communication: A skilled communicator across all mediums. Can effectively convey our mission and vision to requisite audiences.
- Attention to detail.
- Time management: Effectively self-manages his or her time and consistently meets project/task due dates.
- Project management: Able to successfully plan for and manage multiple projects of all sizes, meet deadlines, and keep staff team members briefed on progress.
- Team orientation: A team player in every sense who is approachable and responsive to others’ needs.
- Volunteer management: Effectively identify opportunities to engage volunteers and successfully manage volunteer projects to completion.
Accountability and Evaluation:
This position is supervised by the Hunger Fight Supervisor. A job review is conducted annually.
Hours/week: 40 hours per week with overtime for any hours over 40 in one week.
"*" indicates required fields