Please read the following carefully as you will be required to agree to the new COVID-19 volunteer safety standards and procedures BEFORE choosing a shift on the calendar.
- All volunteers must be 14 years or older or at least 8 years old and accompanied by an adult family member. Family units are welcome; however, we recommend a 2 children per adult policy at this time (i.e. 4 children per 2 adults).
- Group registrations are allowed.
- All volunteers will be required to have their temperature taken prior to entering the packaging center. Anyone with a temperature of 100°F or above will be asked to return home. Family members may also be asked to return home.
- You must bring a clean mask (a bandana or scarf is not acceptable) to wear during your shift.
- To increase social distancing, training is occurring at the packaging table.
- We’ve decreased our capacity over 50%.
- If you need to cancel your shift, please let us know ASAP to allow your spot to be filled by another volunteer.
If you or anyone in your household has experienced the following symptoms in the past 72 hours we ask that you please stay/return home: runny nose, sore throat, cough, headache and/or body aches, nausea and/or vomiting, diarrhea, fever and/or chills, new loss of sense of smell and/or taste or sinus congestion or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
Older adults and people with underlying chronic medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes seem to be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness and should stay home.
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS DURING YOUR SHIFT:
- Hands must be washed before your volunteer shift.
- IMPORTANT: Hands MUST be re-washed if the following happens:
- Touching of face
- After a sneeze or cough
- Touching of personal items (phone, keys, wallet, etc.)
- Please remain as far apart as possible at all times if you come from separate households.
- Gloves will be provided and must be worn throughout your shift.
- Hands MUST be washed after your shift before returning home.
- If you want to take pictures you must wait until your shift is over before touching your phone.
Thank you for your understanding as we prioritize the health of staff and volunteers. Together we will continue our mission to save starving children.