Please read the following carefully as you will be required to agree to the new COVID-19 volunteer safety standards and procedures BEFORE choosing a shift on the calendar.
- All volunteers must be 18 years or older.
- Advance registration is required. Each individual must sign themselves up. Please do not sign up others.
- No walk-ins will be allowed.
- All volunteers will be required to have their temperature taken prior to entering the packaging center. Anyone with a temperature of 100oF or above will be asked to return home.
- You must bring a clean mask (a bandana or scarf is not acceptable) to wear during your shift.
- You are required to bring a signed waiver of liability.
- Maximum # of volunteers per shift is 45.
- If you need to cancel your shift, please let us know ASAP to allow your spot to be filled by another volunteer.
If you or anyone in your household has experienced the following symptoms in the past 72 hours we ask that you please stay/return home:
|Sore throat||Fever and/or chills|
|Cough||Loss of sense of smell and/or taste|
|Headache and/or body aches||Sinus congestion|
|Nausea and/or vomiting|
Older adults and people who have severe underlying chronic medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes seem to be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness and should stay at home.
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS DURING YOUR SHIFT:
- Hands must be washed before your volunteer shift
- IMPORTANT: Hands MUST be re-washed if the following happens:
- Touching of face
- After a sneeze or cough
- Touching of personal items (phone, keys, wallet, etc.)
- Please remain as far apart as possible at all times if you come from separate households.
- Gloves will be provided and must be worn throughout your shift.
- Hands MUST be washed after your shift before returning home.
- If you want to take pictures you must wait until your shift is over before touching your phone.
A signed waiver is required prior to packaging. Please print out the COVID-19 Waiver, sign it and bring it with you on the day you are scheduled to package.
If you are healthy and agree to these terms, click here to sign up.
Thank you for your understanding as we prioritize the health of staff and volunteers. Together we will continue our mission to save starving children.
Email email@example.com or call 515-473-9530.