Since our start, Meals from the Heartland has packaged and distributed over 40 million meals. We have heard first-hand from people who would not have eaten every day if not for the meals our volunteers provided. Together, we are making a difference!
About Our Food:
Meals from the Heartland food packages are nutritionally balanced meals – containing soy protein, vitamins and minerals. The meals were formulated to be accepted by many cultures around the world along with local distribution. Meals are prepared by cooking in boiling water as instructed on each package. The macaroni and cheese dinner will also need butter (margarine) and milk in the preparation.
Quick Meals Facts:
Rice and Soy:
- Each meal package feeds up to six people. To feed a family of six, it costs just $1.20 to package.
- The meal package contains rice, soy protein, vitamins, minerals and dried vegetables (carrot, onion, tomato, celery, cabbage and bell pepper).
- Nutritional information for each ½ cup dry serving: 210 calories, 0 grams fat, 286 mg sodium, 463 mg potassium, 41 g total carbohydrates, 3 g dietary fiber, 3 g sugars, 13 g protein.
Macaroni and Cheese:
- Each meal package feeds up to six people. To feed a family of six, it costs just $1.50 to package.
- The meal package contains enriched macaroni, soy protein, vitamins, minerals and dehydrated real cheese.
- Nutritional information for each 2.08 oz dry serving: 265 calories, 0.5 grams fat, 0.01 grams cholesterol, 518 mg sodium, 200 mg potassium, 20 g total carbohydrates, 2 g dietary fiber, 2 g sugars, 5 g protein.